Hi all,
Thanks for the replies.
I didnt have a look at Pigment, but since Krita can handle a huge amount of colour models, Im not
sure whether its use would be overkill.
A library would have to handle only three colour models, namely RGB, CMYK and CIE L*a*b*.
Traditionally, palette files were either in RGB or CMYK. If they contained spot colours they were
marked as such and were either stored as RGB or CMYK.
As of Adobe CS 6, however, colours in palette files are being stored as CIE L*a*b* values. RAL and
Digital Color Atlas had already practiced this for years.
This means that colour transformations are only required in the following cases:
- L*a*b* -sRGB profile -RGB (also necessary if its aCMYKpalette and the programme cant handle CMYK)
- L*a*b* -document CMYK profile -CMYK
- L*a*b* -sRGB / document CMYK profile -RGB/CMYK spot colour
- pure L*a*b* if the programme supports it, otherwise fallback to sRGB
Im no expert, but this could probably be done using lcms2.
I also forgot two other wide-spread formats for palettes not documented by Olivier: EPS and AI
(both EPS and PDF-based). These files are as complex as a recipe for meshed potatoes ;) Scribus
includes code for importing both of them, and Im pretty optimistic Franz will re-license it under
the MPL to DLP.

Christoph
Gesendet:Montag, 06. Oktober 2014 um 19:31 UhrVon:Inge Wallininge@lysator.liu.seAn:David
Tardondtardon@redhat.comCc:discuss@documentliberation.org,Christoph