Hi,

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 03:24:34PM +0200, Mike Saunders wrote:
Hi everyone,

For those who don't know me, I work in Marketing & PR at The Document
Foundation:
https://blog.documentfoundation.org/blog/2016/02/18/marketing-project-new-marketing-assistant/

One of my tasks is to raise awareness about the Document Liberation Project.
I've started by making a video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gPeF1R7mtQ

So far the feedback from the TDF mailing list has been good, but any more
would be helpful! If someone could add my Google account (okachi@gmail.com)
as a manager for the DLP YouTube channel, I can upload a version (with
slightly better audio) there.

I think only Fridrich can do this, as the channel's owner.

Also, the front page of http://www.documentliberation.org is pretty much a
wall of text at the moment. The content is useful, of course, but it's a bit
imposing for first-time visitors. How about we break it up a bit, eg by
embedding the video, and adding logos for some notable FOSS projects that
use DLP libraries?

I don't know--I prefer static content myself... A link to the video
cannot hurt, but I'm not so sure about embedding it.

But I agree that the website is not perfect. It is not only that the
front page is a bit too long--it also overlaps with the About page to
some extent... Maybe the front page should contain only summarized
sections with links to complete text? With a structure roughly like the
following: 1. There is something that we perceive as a problem. 2. We
are trying to overcome the problem. 3. Our stuff is actually used. (To
show that this is not another "have a solution, looking for a problem"
project. This section could contain icons instead of a plain list, like
we currently have on the About page.) 4. Interested? Check how to
contribute!

Anyway, if you want to work on improving the website, talk to the TDF
Infra team (most likely to Cloph). Only they can give you access.

I've been in touch with someone in the Inkscape project who is positive
about the idea of a logo exchange (so they put a DLP logo somewhere on the
Inkscape site, to raise awareness).

Yeah, that would be a good thing. And I assume the Scribus people would not
be against such idea either.

D.