[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[documentliberation-discuss] (Proposed) Importing files from proprietary statistical software
- Subject: [documentliberation-discuss] (Proposed) Importing files from proprietary statistical software
- From: "Bastián Díaz" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 09 Nov 2014 00:30:52 -0300
- To: email@example.com
I would propose that LibreOffice Calc can import files of statistical software such as SPSS (.sav.zsav) or Stata (.dta).
This software is widely used in social science research, especially academics and their students. Unfortunately, in many universities or public databases use this type of file and institutions or students are required to purchase software licenses for displaying and manipulating data.
It would be great to preserve data that LO Calc can import these files and so view and manipulate this type of database. Apart from the version 4.3 Calc can perform basic statistical analysis, which would expand the use of libreoffice, especially for students (basic statistical analysis, use of charts, diagrams, etc.). All this in order to preserve data as an open standard like ODF.
Such files contain complex information, but you can always import from proprietary software such as CSV or using free software (PSPP, R, etc) for to use more complex statistical analysis.
Is this valid proposal for the project?
More Info:IBM SPSS(*.sav*.zsav files) -This type of files no public specification available, there is a great project pert intended as a free replacement for SPSS and contains a program that can read and create files of this type. http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/pspp/Stata (*.dta files) -file spec http://www.stata.com/help.cgi?dta
Test files -https://github.com/bedf/PSPP-dev-utilities/tree/master/data-files
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentliberation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|Re: [documentliberation-discuss] (Proposed) Importing files from proprietary statistical software||"Bastián Díaz" <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Aw: Re: [documentliberation-discuss] Library for colour palette formats?
- Next by Date: Re: [documentliberation-discuss] (Proposed) Importing files from proprietary statistical software
- Previous by thread: [documentliberation-discuss] Library for colour palette formats?
- Next by thread: Re: [documentliberation-discuss] (Proposed) Importing files from proprietary statistical software