[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [documentliberation-discuss] DLP promotion: join releases of libraries?
- Subject: Re: [documentliberation-discuss] DLP promotion: join releases of libraries?
- From: David Tardon <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 16:07:26 +0200
- To: Mike Saunders <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 03:01:16PM +0200, Mike Saunders wrote:
> Further to the ideas for promoting DLP, how about synchronised releases of
> libraries? I'm not sure how technically feasible this would be, but if we
> released a bunch of updates around the same time (instead of scattered
> across several months) we'd be able to shout more about it.
> Like, do a proper press release gathering all the changes, demonstrate them
> with images (or a video), get quotes from projects using the libraries like
> Scribus, Inkscape etc.
> Does that sound feasible? Are there any releases from
> http://www.documentliberation.org/projects/#import-libs that we could do
> around the same time?
There was a discussion about this a year ago--this is the start of the
I will add that it has never been our intention to build a single
monolithic block of code--what we envisioned was a family of independent
libraries using the same framework (librevenge). We wanted others to
scratch their own itch, start their own libraries; to work with us, not
for us. So independent release of libraries is a feature, not a bug.
(There are exceptions: if a change in a library requires a change in
librevenge or libodfgen, we synchronize the releases.)
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentliberation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[documentliberation-discuss] DLP promotion: join releases of libraries?||Mike Saunders <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: Re: [documentliberation-discuss] Improving the Document Liberation Project website
- Next by Date: [documentliberation-discuss] DLP at LibreOffice Conference
- Previous by thread: [documentliberation-discuss] DLP promotion: join releases of libraries?
- Next by thread: [documentliberation-discuss] DLP at LibreOffice Conference