[www-devel] Re: xlink:type vs librevenge:type on links

> Le 31 oct. 2017 à 16:01, Miklos Vajna <vmiklos@collabora.co.uk> a écrit :
>
> Hi Laurent,

Hello Miklos,

> We had this IRC discussion:
>
> 14:11 < vmiklos> dtardon: hmm, RVNGTextInterface.h:200 says openLink() takes an xlink:type, libepubgen expects a librevenge:type; am i right that librevenge needs correcting?
> 15:39 <@dtardon> vmiklos, tbh, it's completely unclear to me. the function apparently expects, besides xlink:type="simple", also librevenge:type="link" (i don't remember why. but html gen.
> in librevenge and libodfgen expect it too. and i suppose librvngabw does that as well.)
> 15:39 <@dtardon> but that's just part of the fun
> 15:40 <@dtardon> libabw, one of the libs that actually inserts links, does emit neither librevenge:type nor xlink:type (so the links will be ignored by the generator)
> 15:41 <@dtardon> libwpd, otoh, emits not only librevenge:type="link" but also librevenge:link-source="frame". and i've no idea what the latter is supposed to do (disclaimer: it's my code
> :-)
> 15:42 < vmiklos> heh
> 15:43 < vmiklos> in practice if i change libepubgen to match what librevenge docs say then it'll just make a warning go away, nothing else will happen. so that sounds safe.
> 15:45 <@dtardon> ah, yeah, and libetonyek emits xlink:type="simple", but not librevenge:type. so the links will be ignored too
> 15:46 <@dtardon> but i know i have a test file for links there. so it must have worked at one point
> 15:46 < vmiklos> dtardon: it does work, it just emits a warning
> 15:46 <@dtardon> ah, ok
> 15:47 < vmiklos> "EPUBHTMLGenerator::openLink: librevenge:type: not filled, suppose link"
> 15:52 < vmiklos> i've pushed that librevenge -> xlink change to libepubgen, FWIW
> 15:57 <@dtardon> so, laurent's commit 5281cd30577588c3e9daa9897683ba95231c70cf in libodfgen says: "add a warning in openLink if librevenge:type is not defined ( to prepare the addition of
> future type of links )". i don't know what other types he did have on mind, though
> 15:59 < vmiklos> eh, hm, i'll mail him
>
> Any ideas there, please?

I suppose that this was when I was working on libstaroffice and I was thinking on how to
retrieve text references: <text:reference-ref> (a sort of link). Finally I end up using insertField as I also
needed to create some <text:reference-mark> ( which was also an evil solution) and I forget to
remove this warning :-~

--
Amicalement,
Laurent