On Friday, May 02, 2014 17:14:43 Jay Philips wrote:
On 05/02/2014 04:46 PM, Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Jay,

I too blame MS word first, but if Calligra Words whose native format is
ODF is showing it the same as MS word, where do i go from there. There
was also problems opening Calligra Words files in LibO, which i have
reported as bugs, but dont know whether i should blame Calligra or LibO.

If the file is valid ODF according to the validator then you have to blame
LibO. Both LibO and AOO are pretty rigid sometimes and don't accept perfectly
valid ODF input. I have found this especially to be the case when the writing
application (e.g. Calligra) doesn't specify all formatting options even when
they are not used.

I work on Calligra myself and where I found the most problems of this case was
with charts but I'm sure there are other cases too. I just cannot come up with
them from the top of my head.

    Anyhow - thanks for your work ! hopefully it results in some good

improvements over time.

Its been my pleasure. 43 bugs and counting, mainly just compatibility
issues and a few crashes.Wish i could send in more enhancement
suggestions, but i dont use office suits. :)

This type of testing is very interesting.  I would be very grateful if you
could also report any bugs you find in Calligra when you test that.

    ATB,

            Michael.

Jay