[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [documentliberation-discuss] Better PDF import?
- Subject: Re: [documentliberation-discuss] Better PDF import?
- From: David Tardon <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 23:15:23 +0200
- To: Mateusz Zasuwik <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com
On Fri, Jun 20, 2014 at 09:19:55PM +0200, Mateusz Zasuwik wrote:
> Hello TDF members!
> I noticed you guys heavily work over many dead formats within Document
> Liberation Projec. But did anyone think about better PDF Import? I lost my
> data lately and I had open some old PDF files which turn out to be normal
> PDF (not hybrid PDF/ODT). I opened it via LO but document was rendered
> within Draw, not Writer or Impress as it should be done. You also should
> take account of fact that MS Office opens every PDF file and easily convert
> it on its native format what makes this software more useful for normal
> users. Hybrid PDF is cool feature, but probably it won't become major file
> format for long time. The market is dominated by normal PDF and in this
> area LireOffice just suck. So maybe someone who assigns aims for future
> should regroup thoughts once again and concentrates for features needed on
> a daily basis?
First, the Document Liberation Project is not LibreOffice. They are
under the same foundation and they share some members, but that is all.
So if you think LibreOffice misses some functionality, you should go
report an enhancement request for it. Second, our area of interest are
undocumented, proprietary file formats, which PDF is not. Third, you
misunderstand how open source projects work. There is no director, who
creates the big vision. There is no five year plan. And most
importantly, nobody tells anybody else what to work on.
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: http://listarchives.documentliberation.org/www/discuss/
All messages sent to this list will be publicly archived and cannot be deleted
|[documentliberation-discuss] Better PDF import?||Mateusz Zasuwik <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [documentliberation-discuss] Better PDF import?
- Next by Date: [documentliberation-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] homepages and source URLs of import libraries have changed
- Previous by thread: [documentliberation-discuss] Better PDF import?
- Next by thread: [documentliberation-discuss] [ANNOUNCE] homepages and source URLs of import libraries have changed