Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback.

On 19.05.2016 16:05, David Tardon wrote:

I don't know--I prefer static content myself... A link to the video
cannot hurt, but I'm not so sure about embedding it.

OK, let's add a link. I think the video will be most useful elsewhere, for raising awareness of what DLP does in under two minutes via sites like Hacker News, Reddit, and of course social media channels.

Maybe the front page should contain only summarized
sections with links to complete text? With a structure roughly like the
following: 1. There is something that we perceive as a problem. 2. We
are trying to overcome the problem. 3. Our stuff is actually used. (To
show that this is not another "have a solution, looking for a problem"
project. This section could contain icons instead of a plain list, like
we currently have on the About page.) 4. Interested? Check how to
contribute!

That sounds good to me. As you say, more detail can go into the About page. I'll come up with a draft and run it by the list -- I'm also keeping track of ideas on Redmine at https://redmine.documentfoundation.org/issues/1901

Anyway, if you want to work on improving the website, talk to the TDF
Infra team (most likely to Cloph). Only they can give you access.

Yes, Cloph has already given me access to the main site and it appears I can edit pages on dlp.org too.

Yeah, that would be a good thing. And I assume the Scribus people would not
be against such idea either.

And yes, I just heard from Christoph Schäfer in the Scribus team this morning, and he's in favour of the idea too. He's also doing some promotion of DLP at various events.

Mike