Hi D,

Thanks for the details. From the list you mentioned, i assume abiword should be the simplest to do as its FOSS and maybe pulling the source code from it and translating it to whatever is needed by libreoffice might be the best way to go, so its 100% compatible. Looking at < http://www.abisource.com/wiki/PluginMatrix >, some abiword files are bz2 compressed. Regarding the other formats, i think it might be good to reach out to the communities that use those applications for samples. For adobe freehand, the freehand forum < http://www.freehandforum.org/ > seems to be the best place to go, and i have signed up at their forum to ask if they would send in samples. Regarding visio, my friend's father is an engineer who uses visio for his work, so hopefully i can get a few of his files, and possible get him to produce some samples. It would be good to know what isolated features test files that are already available in the regression test repository, so test files with features not already covered can be sent in.

Jay Philips