Le 23 avr. 2014 à 10:11, Jay Philips <philipz85@hotmail.com> a écrit :

On 04/23/2014 11:00 AM, alonso wrote:

Hello,

Le 22 avr. 2014 à 16:38, Jay Philips <philipz85@hotmail.com <mailto:philipz85@hotmail.com>> a
écrit :

…..
We can try and/or see if he/she/they want to participate to the Document Liberation project…

In fact, I begin to work on some WDB files and their structures seem quite similar to the WKS
structures :-)
Of course, some new zones exist to code reports and probably forms, 1D-formula… , but I begin to
be able to
extract some of the database content ( which is what I want to convert as I can only convert
these files in spreadsheet ), …

When i was checking around yesterday, all of the conversion methods for wdb files seem to all
convert to word or excel, which i found strange.

        If they only allow to retrieve the database content, converting the document in Excel can
be ok.
In Word, they can probably create a table to store the database’s content but I fear that the
document
will be illisible if the database contains too many fields or records :-~

But it would be nice to have guidelines of the samples you need.
In general, I mainly want to have as many test files as possible. Ie. I use some scripts to
detect unexpected
content and I check by hand that some conversions are «  good » or not ( but as I am working on
so many formats in
libmwaw, I may miss something ).

Well when i was mentioning sample guides, i was more focused on new formats that havent been
started as yet so the initial samples cover most of the functionality found in that type of
application. Of course after that, as many test files as possible is the way to go. :)
        Ok.
--
Amicalement,
        Laurent