Hi,

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 02:15:56PM -0700, Robinson Tryon wrote:
On Mon, Apr 21, 2014 at 2:26 AM, David Tardon <dtardon@redhat.com> wrote:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DLP/Libraries . We need files for
regression tests...isolated feature[s]...major
features...[and new formats we don't yet support].
As these would be published in a regression test repository,
we need an acknowledgement that they are available under CC-BY-SA
(http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/) license.

CC-BY-SA 4.0 is out now:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

All right. It would be probably better to use the newest version.

Concretely, we need files for [..a bunch of formats...]

So what's our suggested workflow here?

For the acknowledgement, I think that we should have a page
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/DLP/Contributors
along the lines of
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers
and ask everyone to email the discuss@ list an appropriately-worded statement.

Good idea.

Donated files could go to
- A new list/alias document-donations@

An e-mail address like that could be used for getting documents from
contributors. It would be a very poor way to make them available to
developers. The problem is that TDF infra does not allow attachments for
mailing lists.

- ownCloud
- An ftp server
- Or??

- git repo, possibly using git-annex
  + of course that does not solve the problem how to get the files from
    contributors.

Alongside any donated files, I'd suggest that we ask people to include
the following:
- The file format(s) used
- The authoring programs (w/version # and OS, please)
- A rough overview of the contents (e.g. "My 5th grade papers", "test
documents with tables")
- Licensing information (another check on licensing, plus lets us know
if they are more permissive than CC-BY-SA, e.g. public domain)
- The name of the original author/source
- Source URL, if applicable

If that kind of metadata should be of any use, we would need to keep
the association between the metadata and the files. I suppose keeping
each contribution in a separate directory would work for some time, but
it does not scale.

I would also add:
- a PDF export or a screenshot (if possible)

D.